Detail Produk How exactly to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
How exactly to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
1. INFORMAL LETTERS
2. INFORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, (Comma & Hey!) 2. START A LETTER Thank when it comes to letter that is previous apologize for not http://customwriting.org/ writing before, a couple of questions about family or friends. (1 short paragraph) — Informal letters to strangers: reasons why you are writing — 3. BODY Answer the details which you have already been told, express your interest to know more about that which was previously mentioned. Make positive comments, respond 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER with some questions so that the receiver feels, motivated to reply. Give news, be emotional, plan a date, leave contact details (1 short pragraph ) 5. CLOSING LINE (1 line 10 – 15 words) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (1 or 2 words) You may use contractions or phrasal verbs ?
3. INFORMAL LETTER 1. Dear Martin, 2. TO START A LETTER • Thank you for your letter. It was great to listen to away from you. How’s the new baby? • thank you for your letter and sorry for not replying sooner. • Sorry We haven’t written for so long. I’ve been really busy lately. So you bought a new house! How is it?
4. 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE • Love, • plenty of love, • Cheers! Take it simple! • Best wishes, • most of the best, Marking Code: Capitalization, Organisation, Punctuation, Register/Formality, Sentence Structure, Spelling, Wrong form, Word order, Wrong tense, Wrong word, Word(s) missing, Omit word. INFORMAL LETTER 5. TO END A LETTER • Give my love to… • Ok, I’ve surely got to go now, so see you soon! • That’s about all. Do write soon and inform me what you’ve been doing. • I look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks ahead of time for your help.
5. “Task letter”
6. 1. Hello Simon, 2. I’m glad you’re interested in my country. As the friend said, I’d like us to email each other to simply help me improve your English. 3. i would ike to start by telling you a little about myself and my family. My name’s Ivo and I reside in Kutna Hora, which will be about 45 minutes from Prague by car. I used to focus for a company that is medical now I’m learning to be a salesperson. As time goes by I want a job where I’m able to travel for might work. I’ve been already to a few places in Europe but I’ve never been to an country that is english-speaking. I live at home with my parents, that is convenient, as I do not have to do much housework and my meals are cooked in my situation. My younger brother is their studies at university. Although he is four years younger than me, we can get on quite nicely. We both enjoy snowboarding and music. 4. What about you? Have you ever gone to the Czech Republic? It will be great in the event that you could come over one day and we also could fix a meeting up. Why not let me know your plans? 5. Anyway, i need to go and acquire on with my work! Getting excited about hearing from you soon. 6. Best wishes, 7. Siore (180-190 words)
7. FORMAL LETTERS
8. FORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, To strangers: To whom it could concern, 2. START A LETTER State the Reason why you may be writing. (1 short paragraph) 3. BODY Answer the information and knowledge that you have already been told. Give information regarding the presssing issue you may be writing about. Respond the job references 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER by expressing what would you like to get because of this or answer. (Offer solutions, ask for something in exchange). Leave contact details (1 pragraph that is short 5. CLOSING LINE (look forward to ______ing ….) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (2 words) may very well not use contractions NOR phrasal verbs ?
9. FORMAL LETTER ORGANISING THE given information firstly Secondly In addition Lastly / Last but not least 5. TO GET RID OF A LETTER I am looking forward to hearing away from you soon. Don’t use contractions. Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. / Mrs. Smith Yours faithfully Yours sincerely 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE yours sincerely, yours faithfully,
10. 1. Dear Mr. Smith, 2. I am writing to try to get the positioning of . which I saw advertised in “The Guardian” newspaper. 3. I am 23 years of age as well as the minute I am studying … at …. .Having studied English for over seven years I am a speaker that is fluent of language. My qualifications also include Proficiency certificates in both French and German. So far as experience is concerned, I have worked as . for . As for my personality, people let me know i will be . 4. I feel I would be ideal for this working job because I. . This can give me the opportunity to ….. . I might also such as the possiblity to. 5. I look forward to hearing yours sincerely, 7. Siorella Gonzales away from you. 6
11. FCE ESSAY BEFORE YOU START think about a response towards the Essay question! Plan your essay. (Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes) Manage your time and effort. (Aprox. 40 minutes) ONCE YOU FINISH make certain you have expressed yourself clearly. Check your writing for grammar & spelling mistakes. TIPS NO contractions, colloquial expressions or ‘chatty’ style. Use complex grammar structures and vocabulary that is sophisticated conditional sentences and all sorts of PRESENT,PAST, FUTURE tenses. Give your OPINION AT THE final end, NOT at the beginning.
12. The introduction should: • Start general and go til specific • be 3 to 4 sentences long. • have a sentence or 2 in regards to the topic generally speaking. • have a sentence telling the reader if the essay will once look at or both sides of this issue. • have a question/idea which you will answer in your essay. (Paragraph 4) in conclusion should: • begin with :: In closing” ,“In the end”, “To sum up” etc… • be 2 to 3 sentences long. • Include a directory of your main points. • have a reference towards the question that is originaltry to rephrase it). • have your opinion: “I believe…” I think” “I reckon” • haven’t any new information.
13. STRUCTURING YOUR ESSAY Mathematics! • Most people talk about 10-12 words per line. • You have to write a complete of 190 words, so you should write about 18 lines in total. INTRODUCTION: (general thought) 3 lines (30-40 words) Paragraph 1/ Idea 1 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 2 / Idea 2 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 3 / Idea 3 4 lines (40 words) to conclude, 3 lines (30-40 words)
14. OUTLINE I. INTRODUCTION II. CONTRAST OF ARGUMENTS A. ADVANTAGES B. DISADVANTAGES (ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES). C. GIVING OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE TITLE. III. CONCLUSION
15. MEETING THE MARK
16. TASK 3: a. Write the draft that is first of essay in a piece of paper. (10 min) b. Look at your partner’s draft that is first.
17. ESSAY LINKS http://teacher.sch olastic.com/activiti es/writing/persuas iveflash/transition alwords.htm http://www.flo- joe.co.uk/fce/stud ents/writing/linkin g/ Example question In class you’ve been discussing technology. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay. Write an essay using all of the notes and give known reasons for your point of view. You need to write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style. Nowadays, technology is everywhere. Has technology made people’s lives better or worse? Notes Write about: 1.medical science 2.the internet 3.your own idea